The new Lake Country, BC development – Lakestone – has been getting lots of attention lately. We spoke with Jason Koverchuk, Director of Sales and Marketing at Lakestone to share more about this opportunity.
Chriscan: Tell us a little bit about the development at Lakestone?
Jason Koverchuck: Lakestone is a master-planned community comprised of 1,365 residences located on one of the best remaining parcels of land on the East shore of Okanagan Lake between Vernon & Kelowna. At the heart of B.C.’s wine country, Lakestone’s 550-acre community offers a rich, outdoor, all-year-round lifestyle and vacation escape. Expansive, affordable lots surrounded by pine trees and granite outcrops on the sloping hillside mean every resident can construct a home with a million-dollar, unobstructed view of the lake. Residents also have exclusive access to a $3.5-million Lake Club, a shared luxury amenity including a gym, outdoor swimming pool, entertaining space, lake access and storage for kayaks and paddleboards.
Phase 1 of Lakestone’s first release, Waterside, has already sold out, with a few remaining lots still available in Phase 2. Phase 3 was released June 21, 2014.
CC: The Lake Club sounds fantastic. What amenities will it offer?
JK: The Lake Club is a $3.5-million shared amenity space located in the Waterside neighbourhood of Lakestone on Okanagan Lake. The Lake Club provides a place to socialize, enjoy the outdoor lifestyle that living beside the lake offers, maintain a balanced and healthy way of life and access the Okanagan Lake. With an outdoor swimming pool, hot tub, state-of-the-art gym, outdoor barbecue area, and storage for paddleboards and kayaks, purchasers can take full advantage of living the Okanagan lifestyle. Completion for the Lake Club is summer 2015.
CC: How does this development offer a unique opportunity for those wanting to build a custom home in the Okanagan?
JK: The Lakestone community offers the very best of what the Okanagan has to offer including:
- Parks and Trails – There are over 25 kilometres of trails planned from the Lakefront community, weaving through 300 acres of preserved natural open space.
- Amenities – The community includes access to Lakestone’s $3.5-million clubhouse –The Lake Club, including an outdoor swimming pool, hot tubs, gym, outdoor barbeque area, entertaining areas, and outdoor activity secure storage facilities.
- Airport – Kelowna International Airport is just a short 15-minute drive away.
- Recreation – Lakestone is situated at the heart of the Okanagan, surrounded by BC’s finest, award-winning wineries, world class golf clubs, acres of trails and nature reserves, and of course direct access to enjoy the waters of the Okanagan Lake. Silver Star and Big White Mountain winter ski resorts are also a 45-minute drive from Lakestone.
- Wineries – There are 5 wineries within close proximity to the community, with many more in the Okanagan region
CC: Why was Chriscan named a preferred builder at Lakestone?
JK: Chriscan is a natural fit for our top-tiered clients at Lakestone. With demonstrated commitment to quality, integrity and building excellence it’s easy to feel comfortable and confident in our recommendation of Chriscan. The 22+ year track record of numerous homebuilding awards, glowing client feedback, and a stunning portfolio of previous work further instills the sense of certainty that the Lakestone team needs to feel when recommending a builder.